Dr. Al Ansari is a UK qualified chartered accountant with over 30 years of senior corporate, operational, private equity investing and strategic advisory experience.
Prior to joining RAK ICC as CEO in April 2018, Dr. Al Ansari served in the following positions:
- Vice Chairman and COO of The Industrial Group.
- Founder and CEO of PEPlus Capital Advisors
- CEO of SHUAA Capital, a publicly listed full service investment bank.
- He helped establish Dubai Holding in 2004 and founded Dubai International Capital (“DIC”) and headed DIC as its Executive Chairman and CEO, creating an investment company with US$12 billion of assets under management.
- Group CFO for The Executive Office of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai.
- CFO at Dubai Aluminum Company (DUBAL/EGA)
- Senior Manager at EY Dubai 1987-92
Dr. Al Ansari sits on a number of boards including RAK ICC, TVM Healthcare Partners (GCC Healthcare Private Equity Fund), & Eureeca Capital. He has served on numerous regional and international boards such as the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which he served from 2004-2016 and Hawkamah Institute of Corporate Governance He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and a member of the Institute’s advisory board for MENA. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Loughborough University for outstanding achievement and leadership in finance and is a visiting fellow at Oxford University Said business school.