We are very pleased to inform you that we have recently launched the RAK ICC Wills and Probate Registry (WPR), as part of a one-of-a-kind partnership with Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). Now, non-Muslims may register their Wills in order to guarantee asset distribution and guardianship appointment according to their exact wishes.
FOLLOW THE SIMPLE SEVEN STEPS TO REGISTER A WILL
- Decide which Will you wish to register: Full Will, Guardianship Will, Property Will, Free Zone Company Will or Financial Assets Will
- Draft the chosen Will using a DIFC Registered Will Draftsman (https://difcwills.ae/register-wills-draftsmen/) or a competent lawyer or you may draft the Will yourself.
- Send the first draft of the Will to the RAK ICC WPR via email (email@example.com) for review.
- Make any necessary amendments to the Will as suggested by the RAK ICC WPR.
- Book a registration appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the information sheet.
- Testator attends the appointment with a copy of the Will, one witness, passport, ID and the information sheet.
- Pay for the Will registry (payment is currently taken at the appointment by credit card only).
Please note that a Mirror Will is whereby a husband and wife register two Wills with the same wording.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact
The RAK ICC,
Tel: +971 7 2077177.