Ras Al Khaimah International Corporate Centre (“RAK ICC”) is committed to protect the privacy of visitors and customers of the RAK ICC website (the “Site“). The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, use and otherwise handle Personal Information that is provided or made available to us, or that we collect from you, when you use the Site, and explains the circumstances in which we may transfer this to others.
“Personal Information” is information relating to you, which can be used to personally identify you (either directly or indirectly).
1. Information that we collect
The types of information that we may collect from you, depending on how you use the Site include:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your address (business and personal);
- your landline and mobile telephone numbers (business and personal);
- any other information that you choose to provide to us when filling out a contact form on the Site;
- your geographic location (country/territory where you are living and/or working);
- the industry sector in which you work;
- the country or countries, industry sector(s) and area(s) of our services in respect of which you wish to receive communications (where you have registered on our user portals).
2. How we use your Personal Information
Enquiry Forms – we may collect your Personal Information, which you choose to provide when you fill in forms on the Site, including the information set out above. We may use this Personal Information to respond to your queries, and/or provide the services and/or information that you have requested.
Business Purposes – we may also use your Personal Information for our business purposes such as:
- record keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting and research purposes;
- to ensure network and information security;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to investigate any complaint you make;
- to customise various aspects of the Site to improve your experience;
- to host, maintain and otherwise support the operation of the Site;
- for business and disaster recovery (e.g. to create back-ups);
- for document retention/storage;
- for database management;
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of RAK ICC, its personnel and others; and
- to ensure the quality of the services we provide to our users.
In addition, we may use your Personal Information for additional specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular pages of the Site.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the Personal Information. Aside from this, your visit to the Site will remain unaffected.
3. Legal grounds for collection and use of Personal Information
We rely upon your consent to process your Personal Information in relation to marketing information and events information we may send to you. In other cases, we process your Personal Information where we need to do so:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for our legitimate interests in:
- – responding to your queries;
- – providing services and/or information to you;
- – our internal business purposes, as set out above.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website.
We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
- Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party service providers, or agents who perform services for us on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- RAK ICC Registered Agents: We collect and share your personal information through the RAK ICC Marketing Outreach.
We may also need to share your personal information with our Business Partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the Site. However, please be advised that RAK ICC cannot guarantee and has no control over the public or third party network through which you send your Personal Information to the Site.
RAK ICC honour requests from you to correct, amend or delete any information you may have sent us. To correct, amend or delete account information, email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
RAK ICC will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. RAK ICC encourages you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how RAK ICC is protecting your information.